I wouldn’t say I’ve been too busy to blog, but you know, just too lazy. And I have so many things to share. Alas I won’t be sharing most of them here, because I still need to take or edit pictures and think about what to say and blah blah blah blah.
In the meantime, I’ve got a million tabs open with other things I’m thinking about, so it’s best I think to share some of them here so I can clear my head of them.
1. I can’t stop coming back to this picture. Firstly, Clint Eastwood is sexy. Period. At any age. But, um, WOW, this is above and beyond. Secondly, this picture so harkens to a long gone by era that it makes me incredibly wistful for time when I wasn’t even alive. Fortunately I figured out how to hack my Kindle, so I can make this one of the screensavers. It’s the little things in life, people.
2. Go listen to this Kevin Gordon song. I’ve seen him play it live at least half a dozen times and every time the room goes quiet like people realize that something is happening, like really happening. It’s a moving song that also touches on time gone by, and puts you right back into it, even if you didn’t live it the first time. Take some time to listen, this isn’t a background song, this is a slow build up, get involved in listening song.
3. The UN says women’s right to make choices about their own bodies is a basic human right. On the one hand I’m pleased with this though I doubt it will make any immediate impact in any women’s lives. On the other hand I’m appalled that we still live in a world where this is even in question at all. And not just in poor, “backwards” nations or countries under religious rule, but in our own land of the free. It is my basic human right to make choices about my body, how are we still having this discussion.
4. Coffee duck from The Oatmeal:
5. It’s my dearest, oldest, closest friend’s birthday today. Even if you don’t know her, imagine the sister that made me who I am today and do something nice for someone you love in honor of friendships that cross the years and the miles. I love you, Boots!