I made two server aprons today. One for me, and one for a coworker. I patterned them off one of these. The each have three pockets and heavy seams.
One is grey twill with a little guitar patch that I made.
The other is some heavy brown cotton I had left over, with birds appliquéd on from some other fabric I had laying around.
I am quite pleased with myself. Unfortunately, as with most sewing projects, it took me twice as long as I had anticipated (mostly the ironing, I always forget to factor in the ironing), especially making the long ties for the waist. But they look great! Hurrah! I’m still very much a beginner on the appliqué. It’s not really hard, but it definitely takes practice and level of seam control with the machine that I just don’t really have yet.
January 12, 2009 at 10:37 am
Very cool!! Love them both!
January 13, 2009 at 8:52 am
Those are beautiful. I’d love to see one on someone!