Questions from antheia:
MP3s. I love CDs if they have good liner notes and lyrics, but overall the portable MP3 player is the greatest invention to come to music since the advent of the radio.
Hmm, hard to say. Maybe Cory Branan, Lucinda Williams and The New Tragedies at a small club with 25 of my friends and free drinks?
I appreciate a good suit and man who can wear one well, but it’s definitely jeans for me. Fitted, worn, low-slung jeans. Mmmm.
The temperature. The thunderstorms. The sun. Not having to wear very much clothing.
It’s already in the works. Sort of an arm band of silhouettes of birds in flight. Hard to explain, but of course I’ll post pictures when I get around to getting it.
And so, you can play too:
1. Leave me a comment saying anything random, like your favorite lyric to your current favorite song. Or your favorite kind of sandwich. Something random. Whatever you like.
2. I respond by asking you five personal questions so I can get to know you better. [You know me, this will probably take me a week or a month or forever. Or maybe be immediate. Depends on my current procrastination rating.]
3. You update your LJ with the answers to the questions.
4. You include this explanation and offer to ask someone else in the post.
5. When others comment asking to be asked, you ask them five questions.
July 11, 2007 at 4:25 pm
A heart full of snakes and a belly full of rage
Has left me with a fistful of tears
Re: 2 – tell me I’m on this invite list…
Re: 3 – preferably padding over in bare feet to bring you a cold drink, right?
Re: 5 – sounds cool, can’t wait to see it.
July 11, 2007 at 4:29 pm
Jingle bells, batman smells.
July 11, 2007 at 4:40 pm
random: I have a tick in my left arm today for no reason I can discern.
And I can just imagine what kinds of questions you would ask. *giggle*
July 11, 2007 at 5:23 pm
and i would give
the last shred
of my broken head
for the songs you say
and the words you sing.
July 11, 2007 at 5:24 pm
1. If you had to give up salty snacks or sugary ones, which would you toss?
2. If you had to only wear shades of one color for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
3. Best book you ever read that you’d recommend to any and everyone?
4. If you had to choose between losing your sight or your hearing, which would it be?
5. What is scarier, snakes, spiders or rats?
July 11, 2007 at 5:24 pm
1. Mountains or ocean?
2. If you could only eat one desert for the rest of your life, what would it be?
3. Again only one for the rest of your life: boots or sandals?
4. If we were having a dinner what would you cook for me? (I’d bring the wine!!)
5. Tell me about your pets.
July 11, 2007 at 5:32 pm
1. Top five album you’d have to have on a desert island?
2. If you had to pick out an outfit for me what would it be? You can choose the occasion.
3. If you were a superhero what would your power be? Would you be good or somewhat ambiguous?
5. What is your peffect, ideal dream job?
Yes, barefoot and possibly shirtless. And of course you’re in the invite list, although be warned, it’s the kind of show where i might get drunk and try and get you to make out with me. I’m determined to see you by the end of summer, hopefully with a new tattoo on me.
July 11, 2007 at 5:33 pm
1. Given the necessary funds and no concern about work, if you could live in any city, anywhere in the world, where would it be?
2. Top 5 favorite bands now, and top 5 from when you were 21 years old.
(Yes, I am listening to the radio right now.)
4. If you had to stay in your job indefinitely, but got tons of cash and time for vacation every year, what would you plan for your first dream vacation?
5. Only one color of toenail polish for the rest of your life, what would it be?
July 11, 2007 at 5:41 pm
I totally want on that invite list too.
July 11, 2007 at 5:45 pm
You, sir, will be my date. We’ll wear coordinated outfits. It’ll be great because I know you won’t mind when I get drunk and make out with smonsterbite.
July 11, 2007 at 5:46 pm
And of course you’re in the invite list, although be warned, it’s the kind of show where i might get drunk and try and get you to make out with me.
Hahaha THAT ONLY MAKES IT BETTER.
July 11, 2007 at 5:57 pm
Awesome. Hit me with questions?
July 11, 2007 at 6:03 pm
1. Describe your ideal man (the one you are definitely not going to be looking for if my metaphor holds).
2. If you had to choose only 5 films to watch over and over, what would they be?
3. What’s your handwriting like?
4. How many licks does it take?
5. What kind of person do you hope to be when you are 50?
July 11, 2007 at 6:17 pm
Sticky sticky uhn uhn
July 11, 2007 at 6:40 pm
it’s the kind of show where i might get drunk and try and get you to make out with me.
(totally volunteers to be the bartender for this party)
I use my motorcycle icon for you, in hopes of questions. Yes!
July 11, 2007 at 6:53 pm
1. We have 8 days, $4768.00 and a motorcycle, what would we do?
2. Three books you absolutely, positively could not live with out.
3. Describe your perfect outfit for everyday wear if there were no constraints from weather, work or other outside considerations.
4. True or false: Tears don’t matter much?
5. Uppers or downers?
July 11, 2007 at 8:18 pm
July 12, 2007 at 1:54 am
like a baby stillborn, like a beast with his horn I have torn everyone who reached out to me
July 12, 2007 at 9:09 am
I watched the A&E miniseries of Pride and Prejudice today, for probably the 20th time. If not more (it’s not like I count–but I’ve watched it a LOT). I’ve also read the book–or listened to the audiobook–countless times. I’d quote you a line, but my drug- and lack of sleep-muddled brain will only come up with the extremely obvious right now.
July 14, 2007 at 2:47 am
1. You mean the good-looking, intelligent, guitar/violin/piano player who loves indie movies and music and loves me exactly how I am? That one?
2. Almost Famous (Director’s Cut); The Aviator; Angels in America; Black Snake Moan and Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
3. Uh, depends. Sometimes it’s crap, sometimes it’s nice. I will post a follow-up comment soonish to show you a sample.
4. Depends on what one is trying to get to the center of.
5. I hope to be the same kind of person I am now, just wealthier and more famous.
July 20, 2007 at 7:01 pm
1. I concur. I also love that you don’t have to buy entire albums for only one or two songs that you enjoy.
2. That sounds spectacular. And not at all surprising. 😉
5. I am equally unsurprised by this. I can’t wait to see it.