Ajax Bell

Author of the Queen City Boys books

7 Comments

Can someone explain to me how we can completely destroy two brand new microwaves in the span of six months. I swear we aren’t doing anything weird to them. We certainly don’t use them any more than an average family would, in fact probably much less. And yet both have quickly started making rumbling noises while operating, then sparking, and finally catching fire while heating something. Both were new, different brands, from different places, plugged into different outlets, located in different places in our kitchen. Both go ‘splodey.

In related news, we’re starting to get quite the white trash stack of broken applicances on our porch.

Advertisements

7 thoughts on “

  1. That’s freaky weird. Maybe it is the voltage in the house, somehow? I have no idea.

  2. You guys aren’t nuking the silverware, are you?

  3. IAWTC. You guys have already said you’ve had issues with wiring and outlets and such. Your house is eating your microwaves, it would seem.

  4. Sounds like faulty wiring to me, which is common in apartment-split houses of the era yours is–the systems weren’t designed for the kind of load that multiple modern appliances place on them. I’d talk to the landlord about it–could be a serious fire hazard.

  5. Are there grounded outlets? Might be better to get a grounded surge protector and plug into that instead. If I plugged anything into the wall in my apartment it’d go up in flames. 🙂

  6. Your kitchen is possessed

  7. It’s all those sequins that get in there. You are supposed to brush off OUTSIDE, not in the kitchen.

    Look, you are tracking in all that glitter! OUT!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s